Q & A - Notary Public

Q: Can you witness my signature upon the documents as a Notary Public Solicitor via video link?

Sorry, we cannot do that. We note that there is new policy for witnessing signature during COVID 19, however, Notary Public Authority clarified to all Notary Public Solicitor that notary public service cannot be done via audio or video link.

Q: Do I need to understand the content and consequence of the document I am signing before I have an appointment?

Yes, you must understand the content and legal effect of the document. Otherwise, you must obtain independent legal advice

Q: Do you help me finish the authentication in Chinese Consulate General?

Yes, we can. If you would like us to help you finish the authentication in Chinese Consulate General, we will do that for you and take care of all correspondence with the Consulate. Likewise, there is legal fee incurred.

Q: What can I do if the document is written in English but going to use in China?

A NAATI translator in our office can do the translation for you. Likewise, there is translation fee incurred.

Q: Can you provide notary public service on my academic documents, ie transcript or degree certificate?

the contact details for the institution which issued the documents and we will examine the authenticity of the documents by contacting the said institution. Once they confirm the authenticity of the document, we will draw a notarial certificate and stamp the true copy of the document.

Q: How can I have my notarised document get the Apostille stamp?

Apostille can be done in Passport Office in Sydney. However, you must have the document notarized first. We can also lodge an Apostille application on your behalf, but it would have extra expenses incurred.

Q: Can I have my Chinese passport notarised?

No, we cannot notarise a true copy of Chinese Passport. But we can certify a true copy of Passport for you if the document is going to use in Australia.

Q: Can I authorize my friends or relatives to receive the notary public service?

Yes, you can. But you can only authorize people to act on your behalf in the case that there is no signature required upon the documents. That is to say, you can only authorize people to receive a notary public service for verifying true copy of documents.

Q: What is the difference between Notary Public Solicitor and Justice of Peace?

Notary Public Solicitor is an admitted solicitor with more than 5-year practicing experience after finished the prescribed courses. A notarial document done by Notary Public can be used overseas or interstate.

Justice of Peace is appointed to certify documents to be used inside the States and Territory.

speak to us and put your mind at ease 1300 618 888