Why choose us?
Legal Point Lawyers & Attorneys have proudly provided Notary Public Services to the public for more than 10 years. Our wealth of experience allows us to notarise documents quickly at a low cost. We have dealt with clients from over 30 countries and handled documents in languages other than English. Our services are trusted by many large companies, law firms, financial institutes and of course individuals. The notarial certificates we draw are well accepted by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Embassies and Consulate Office, and of course many foreign Courts and government.
What is a Notary Public?
A Notary Public, also known as a Public Notary, is a Solicitor or Barrister appointed under the Public Notaries Act 1997 (NSW) to administer Oaths and Statutory Declaration, to authenticate documents and to witness signature on documents. To be appointed as a Notary Public, the Solicitor or Barrister must practise Law for a continuous period of not less than five years and must hold a current practising certificate.
When do you need a Notary Public?
When you need to use your Australian personal or business documents overseas, you must have your documents legalised/notarised in Australia.
Legalisation of documents involves Notary Public notarisation, authentication or apostille by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and further authentication by the Embassy or the Consulate General Office of the Country you intend to use your documents (if not a Apostille Convention Country).
What can a Notary Public do for you?
A notary in Australia can do the following tasks for you:
1. Notarising official, government and personal documents
2. Verifying your identity or your visa status
3. Witnessing your signature to documents, such as Statutory Declaration, Affidavit
4. Preparing and witnessing a Power of Attorney
5. Certifying true copies of original documents for use overseas
6. Notarising company and business current status and transactions, directorship
When performing the above task, the Notary Public will issue notarial certificate and annex his/her signature to the document with his/her Notarial seal. The Specimen of Signature and the Impression of the notarial seal are pre-registered with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
What you need to do before seeing our Notary Public:
1. Make an appointment – please call us on 1300 618 888 to make an appointment. Do not worry, we understand the urgent nature of your request and accept short notices.
2. Bring your ID documents – when our Notary Public verifies your identity, we need 100 points worth of ID documents. Please bring your Passport (70 points), Driver Licence (40 points), Medicare Card (30 points), or Credit Card (30 points) with you. If you are not sure, please ask us when you make the appointment.
3. Email your document(s) to us – we prefer you to email your documents to our Notary Public before you arrive our office so that we can identify any issues early and potentially save you time and money.
4. Our office is located at suite 804, 265 Castlereagh Street Sydney NSW 2000.
Want to leave a message? Click here: Contact Us